Young Living leaders get asked this question a lot, “Young Living diffusers seem so expensive! Are they really worth the price?”.
So here’s the thing, Young Living diffusers do cost a bit more than most (BUT NOT ALWAYS) however, we need to think of them as a HIGH QUALITY investment that helps you to get the most out of your Young Living essential oils, NOT as expensive.
Here are some important key points to remember about Young Living diffusers:
• All Young Living diffusers functions as ultrasonic humidifiers, atomizers, and aroma diffusers in one.
• Young Living diffusers generate at least 1.7 million waves per second to break down the essential oils and water into millions of micro-particles, dispersing them into the air, and releasing the oils’ unique constituents. A high frequency is needed to make sure that your precious oils are properly disbursed into the air. You don’t want to be wasting them! The micro-fine mist stays suspended in the air for extended periods of time (several hours) and ultimately evaporates completely, rather than settling onto surfaces.
• Young Living’s ultrasonic diffusers use cool mist diffusion, NOT heat. If you are using high quality, essential oils like Young Living's that provide therapeutic benefits you DO NOT want to use an oil warmer or diffuser that uses heat because you’ll lose the therapeutic value of the constituents (the benefits) within the oils.
• All Young Living diffusers are made of a high quality plastic called PP (polypropylene) which is not known to leach any chemicals that are suspected of causing cancer or disrupting hormones. PP (polypropylene) does not contain any phthalates and is BPA FREE. Young Living has even conducted tests on the plastics used for their diffusers to ensure that the plastics are stable and do not breakdown when in contact with Young Living Essential Oils. This plastic can withstand the potency of Young Living’s essential oils including citrus oils unlike other diffusers.
• Young Living’s diffusers have vibrating ultrasonic plates (technology used to disperse the oils up and into the air) made of ceramic discs with a high quality titanium alloy coating to allows for exceptional resistance to oils and corrosion. We don’t want our diffusers pooping out on us because of corrosion😳
• Young Living diffusers come with a 1 year warranty from the date purchased (with the exception of the Orb and USB Diffuser). During that year, should there be a manufacturer defect, Young Living would be able to provide a replacement diffuser at no cost to you provided you ONLY have used Young Living oils in them.
Remember too, Young Living recommends using only Young Living Essential Oils for your Young Living Diffuser. Other brands of essential oils more than likely have been adulterated meaning they have added harsh ingredients which are harmful to you and can damage your diffuser. Non-Young Living oils will render your warranty void!
• Young Living diffusers come with both a 5ml bottle of Peppermint ($13.49 retail value) and a 5ml bottle of Tangerine (retail value $10.20). That’s a combined retail value of $23.49 in just oils! It’s a no- brainer, to stick with Young Living Diffusers!
Here are some Diffuser tips from Young Living to help you extend the life of your diffuser :
• Young Living does not recommend leaving standing water in diffusers for an extended period of time.
• Distilled water is recommended for the Rose Home Diffuser to perform at it's highest. Purified or distilled water does not contain enough mineral molecules for the diffuser to function at it's best. Young Living offers other diffuser options that do not require the use of distilled water; such as the Dewdrop, Desert Mist or Bamboo Diffuser. For those particular diffusers, it is recommended to use tap water that contains minerals.
• It is important to maintain and clean diffusers often to prolong the lifespan of the unit and further reduce any possibility of leaching even though Young Living conducts tests to monitor this. Young Living recommends using rubbing alcohol to clean your diffuser. Please refer to your diffuser manual for further cleaning instructions.
• Young Living has not tested using essential oils in candles. However, if the oils are exposed to heat from burning the beeswax, they are unable to guarantee that the therapeutic properties of the oils will remain intact. For this reason, they recommend cold diffusing of essential oils over burning of any kind.
Question from Evelyn to Young Living :
Can I use Young Living oils on my ultrasonic aromatherapy diffuser that is not a Young Living? Thanks
Hi Evelyn, You will want to contact the manufacture of your diffuser as we do not have that information. However we can tell you that Young Living has conducted tests on the plastics used for our diffusers to ensure the plastics are stable and do not breakdown when in contact with essential oils. Young Living Oils are very potent and if the diffuser is NOT made of the right plastic you can cause damage to it or possibly be diffusing bad chemicals into the air.
Diffuser Replacement Parts & Accessories
You can order some replacement parts from Young Living by calling Member Services or from Diffuser Doc if your diffuser is out of warranty.
I hope this info help you see the value in Young Living diffusers! The Desert Mist is my absolute favorite diffuser and one I recommend hands down. Check out the graphic above or click on this YL Diffuser Comparison Chart to help you decide.
If you'd like to become part of the Young Living family with our amazing community of oilers! We offer education, support and resources to help you LIVE THE LIFE YOU IMAGINED! Go <<HERE>> to grab your Premium Starter Kit and Diffuser with our team and get started. We can't wait for you to join us!