If you have pets, you‘ll probably have accidents and stains —as we’ve found out with our new foster pup we are fostering to adopt!
Our furry friends become so much a part of our family + daily life, so it’s important to have healthy, natural options for them. No more worries about pet stains and odors with this easy DIY!
(Our adorbs foster pup Koda🐾 pictured)
🐕 DIY PET STAIN + ODOR REMOVER
✔️1 cup apple cider vinegar
✔️1 cup water
✔️1 teaspoon salt
✔️15 drops Lemon essential oil
✔️5 drops Eucalyptus Radiata essential oil
✔️5 drops Purification essential oil blend
✔️2 cups baking soda (optional, for tough or already-dried stains)
If your furry friend very recently left a puddle on the living room carpet, use these instructions for removing fresh stains:
1. Add the essential oils to the salt and mix well.
2. In a spray bottle, combine the salt mixture, apple cider vinegar, and water. Mix thoroughly until salt has dissolved.
3. Blot the “accident” to remove excess moisture.
4. Shake the bottle, then spray the stained area generously until wet.
5. Let sit for 10–15 minutes.
6. Using an old towel or rag, soak up the mixture by blotting until moisture is removed. Do not apply heat to aid in the drying process, as it can cause unwanted odors and stains to set permanently.
For older, set-in stains:
use the instructions above to make the DIY pet odor eliminator and then:
1. Spray the area generously until wet.
2. Sprinkle baking soda over the stain and leave for 24 hours or until dry. The baking soda will absorb the stain during this time.
3. Once dry, scoop up as much baking soda as possible and discard, then vacuum thoroughly to remove any remaining powder.
Wanna grab these oils? You can get them here:
If you’re ready to jump all the way into an oily lifestyle and be part of our community to help you learn all the things grab a Premium Starter Bundle. I highly recommend the one with 12 oils + a Desert Mist diffuser ($400+ value) and then add on a bottle of Eucalyptus Radiata. It’s an amazing value and you‘ll unlock the 24% discount for the whole year! I would love for you to join me so I can help you create a healthier home🙌🏻
Do you have a fave natural recipe with oils for pet stains? Please share👇🏻